Safety & Guidance

We strive to make all PROTEC Recovery devices as safe and effective as possible.

All of our devices are advanced mechanical tools with electric components within. If devices and associated accessories are not used or maintained properly, there is a risk of fire, electric shock, or injury.

Warranty Information

When using the any of our devices, the following basic precautions should always be followed, including:

USE ONLY AS INSTRUCTED. Use our devices as described in the accompanying instruction manuals. For example, only use PROTEC Recovery recommended accessories and replacement parts. Do not carry out any maintenance other than as advised by PROTEC Recovery.

NOT FOR CHILDREN. PROTEC Recovery devices and accompanying chargers are not intended for use by young children or persons with reduced physical, sensory or reasoning capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction by a responsible person/adult. Do not allow any PROTEC Recovery device to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near children. Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with Protec Recovery devices or chargers.

REDUCING RISK OF INJURY. Charge each PROTEC Recovery device with the designated charger. Other chargers may cause personal injury or damage. Do not connect PROTEC Recovery devices to a power supply plug or car cigarette lighter. The internal battery will be permanently disabled and/or damaged.

ONLY USE PROTEC RECOVERY DEVICES WITH APPROVED PROTEC RECOVERY ADAPTORS. Use of other batteries may result in a risk of fire, electric shock, or personal injury.

CHARGING LOCATIONS. All PROTEC Recovery devices should be charged indoors in a well ventilated, dry location. Do not charge outdoors, in a bathroom or within 10 feet (3.1 meters) of a bathtub, or pool. Do not use PROTEC Recovery devices or chargers on wet surfaces and do not expose the charger to moisture, rain, or snow. Do not use PROTEC Recovery devices or chargers in the presence of explosive atmospheres (gaseous fumes, dust, or flammable materials). Sparks may be generated, potentially causing a fire hazard.

UNPLUGGING THE CHARGER. Pull the plug, not the cord, to reduce the risk of damage to the electrical plug and cord. Never carry the charger by its cord. Keep the cord away from heat, oil, and sharp edges. Do not use or charge with a damaged cord. Do not stretch the charger cord or place the cord under strain. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces. Do not handle the charger, including the charger terminals or PROTEC Recovery devices with wet hands.

CHARGER CARE. Unplug the charger when not in use. Unplug the charger from the outlet when not in use for extended periods. Make sure the charger cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or otherwise subjected to damage or stress. Have a damaged charger replaced immediately.

DO NOT OVERCHARGE. Do not leave the battery in the charger for more than an hour after the battery has been fully charged. The battery includes a protection system to avoid the risk of overcharging. However, overcharging may reduce its life over time.

DO NOT BLOCK MOTOR VENTS. Do not put any obstructions into vents. Do not use it if any vent is blocked. Keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce airflow. Keep hair, loose clothing, and fingers from vents and moving parts.

DO NOT BURN OR INCINERATE DEVICES OR BATTERIES. The battery may explode, causing personal injury or damage. Toxic fumes and materials are created when the battery is burned.

DO NOT CRUSH, DROP, OR DAMAGE CHARGERS. Do not use a charger that has received a sharp blow, has been dropped, run over, or damaged in any way.

BATTERY CHEMICALS CAUSE SERIOUS BURNS. Never allow the internal battery to come into contact with the skin, eyes, or mouth. If a damaged battery leaks chemicals, use rubber or neoprene gloves to dispose of it. If skin is exposed to battery fluids, wash with soap and water and rinse with vinegar. If eyes are exposed to battery chemicals, immediately flush with water for 20 minutes and seek medical attention. Remove and dispose of contaminated clothing.

DO NOT SHORT CIRCUIT. A battery will short circuit if a metal object makes a connection between the positive and negative contacts on the battery or the 12V connector. A short-circuited battery may cause fire and personal injury.

DO NOT OPERATE UNDER BLANKET AND PILLOW. Excessive heating can occur and cause fire, electric shock, or injury.

STORING PROTEC RECOVERY DEVICES AND CHARGERS. Store in a cool, dry place. Only charge the device when the ambient temperature is between 0°C/32°F and 40°C/104°F. Do not store the device where temperatures may exceed 40°C/104°F such as in direct sunlight, in a vehicle, or metal building during the summer.

DISPOSING OF BATTERIES. PROTEC Recovery devices typically use lithium-ion batteries, which are more environmentally friendly than some other types of batteries. Always dispose of the batteries according to local and national laws and regulations. Contact a recycling agency in your area for recycling locations. Even discharged batteries contain some energy. Before disposing of, use electrical tape to cover the 12V connector to prevent the battery from shorting, which could cause a fire or explosion.

DO NOT DISASSEMBLE. Disassembly or incorrect reassembly may result in the risk of electric shock, fire, or exposure to battery chemicals. The warranty will be void if the device, or charger are disassembled or if any parts have been removed.

SERVICE. If the any of the batteries or chargers are not working properly, has received a sharp blow, has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, do not use and contact PROTEC Recovery by emailing for repair or service. Do not attempt to repair or disassemble any PROTEC Recovery device which may result in an electric shock or fire.

DO NOT USE WHILE BATHING OR IN TUB OR SINK. Do not place ANY device or charger where it can fall into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid. Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.